Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1.1.6 Released

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Vanilla 1.1.6 has been released and is now available at getvanilla.com.

If you are upgrading from a previous installation of Vanilla, you'll want to read the upgrade instructions.

If you're curious like me, you'll want to read the release notes.

A big thank you to all of the contributors!
dinoboff
edavis
hst
izaak
Reed Loden
[-Stash-]
sirlancelot
SubJunk
Wallphone

Comments

• Options
    Thanks so much Mark. Questions: - I know this is brand-new etc. etc. but based on the changes in the code, are you aware of any code changes that will or might 'break' popular add-ons after an upgrade. - Is a form of add-on "regression testing" part of the release process?
  • Options
    SS ✭✭
    I've been noticed that, in fact, most of files in library/* not changed since 1.1.5a.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The list of changed files is extracted with a svn diff: http://code.google.com/p/lussumo-vanilla/source/browse/trunk/release-build.xml#81 Since Vanilla 1.1.6-rc2, people and framework have been added to the vanilla repository (instead of have their own repository): http://code.google.com/p/lussumo-vanilla/source/detail?r=794 for the vanilla repository every files in library/Framework and library/People are new.
  • Options
    Awesome release, good job everyone
  • Options
    Hello I have problem with upgrading from 1.1.5a to 1.1.6 i get error for People.Class.PasswordHash.php i reupload twince and same problem i have :/ i integrate Vanila with my site so i have edited datebase.php .... can that make problem? right now my forum is downgrade on 1.1.5a :/
  • Options
    Does it happen with 1.1.7 too?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hm...i'm not upgrade to 1.1.7....because i waithing to fix problem with 1.1.6 i will try to upgrade on 1.1.7 EDIT: i have same error
  • Options
    You should re-upload library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php

Here is what Line 22 to 30 of library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php should look like:function AddConfigurationSetting(&$Context, $SettingName, $SettingValue = '1') { if (!array_key_exists($SettingName, $Context->Configuration) || $Context->Configuration[$SettingName] != $SettingValue) { $Context->Configuration[$SettingName] = ''; $SettingsManager = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, 'ConfigurationManager'); $SettingsFile = $Context->Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'].'conf/settings.php'; $SettingsManager->DefineSetting($SettingName, $SettingValue, 1); $SettingsManager->SaveSettingsToFile($SettingsFile); } }
  • Options
    yes Function is same and default....now i get error A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The "PeoplePasswordHash" class referenced by "PeoplePasswordHash" does not appear to exist. Affected Elements ObjectFactory.NewObject(); For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • Options
    1.1.7 won't fix your integration issue. Vanilla 1.1.7 is really just 1.1.6 plus some fixes to the installer.

What is the error message you get with People.Class.PasswordHash.php?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Re-upload the 3 appg/init_*.php files and library/People/People.Class.PasswordHash.php

PeoplePasswordHash is defined in library/People/People.Class.PasswordHash.php and the 3 init_*.php files load this file.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I just upload 3 appget/int_* files and now i have forum with header and footer ...but on place where i need to have Discussions i get this error Fatal error: Call to undefined method Discussion::DiscussionPrefix() in /home/*****/public_html/forum/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Functions.php on line 23
  • Options
    You re-upload everything. Everytime you fix something a new problem related to an outdated (or corrupted) file show up.
  • Options
    I don't belive in that "corrupted files" because everything works great befor upgrading :/
  • Options
    I have 1.1.5a and want to upgrade to 1.1.6, but it is not available for download at getvanilla.com What do I do?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You can upgarde directly to 1.1.7. 1.1.7 is 1.1.6 + some bug fixes to the installer. For an upgrade, the installer changes don't matter.
  • Options
    @bluckie
    I did that too (1.1.5a -> 1.1.7). Works perfectly. All our 34 activated Addons seems to work nicely ;)
    Just follow the upgrade instructions for 1.1.7 and then for 1.1.6 with the files of the 1.1.7 zip :D