Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help with links - New to Vanilla

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello all, I have a webpage where I am running Vanilla forum. It works great with one exception. Once I navigate to the forum and select one of the Vanilla forum tabs (links) the links in my navbar will no longer work. If anyone wants to take a stab at this, then I will post link to my site. Thanks.

Comments

• can't help without an example or link

grep is your friend.

• http://temperatetropicals.com
  • Looks like you got it working, but it is overcomplicated to use flash buttons to navigate your site. It is not really necessary.

grep is your friend.

• Thank you for getting back to me. I agree it is somewhat complicated, however I do like the flash navbar because it has some different capabilities. Also, I'm not sure I was clear enough, but the it is not working. If you go to the home page and then click on "FORUM" it will take you to the Vanilla forum and you can still navigate the site at that point. But, once you select a tab for instance the "Categories" tab, in the forum you can no longer navigate away from the forum using my navbar. At that point you would have to open a new window to get the navbar to work again. I'm not sore if this is the php that is disabling my navbar or maybe an action script. Please let me know if I am making sense. Thanks.
  • It is almost certainly the flash outbound scripting. It is not so complex a menu that you couldn't do that with css and JavaScript. There are plenty of frameworks and effects libraries out there. It is kind of silly to use outbound scripting for links. You might want change AllowScriptAccess to "always" and check your getURL actions are correct.

This is not likely a vanilla issue.

grep is your friend.

• Awesome, changing the AllowScriptAccess to "always", worked. Now to try to simplify the navbar beast. Thanks.
  • shot in the dark lol

grep is your friend.