Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Newbie needs assistance!!

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
As my topic states I am a total novice to to web designing speak and I have a few questions about the Vanilla forum software: 1. Will the address to this forum be of my choosing ie (www.mysitename/forum) ? 2. I cant get my web accessible folder to run the application? 3. how do I install a new database and the mysql information? I do not understand these terms. Thats all i can think of right now..Please assist!

Comments

• 1. Yes thats possible.
    2. Don't get what you want. Is your webspace passing the requirements?
    3. MySQL is a Database Management System (DBMS). Hence it manages databases. Creating a new database on a running mysql server is very easy as long as you webspace provider allows you to have a (or more) databases. However, I'd advise you to firstly install a working XAMP environment on your local machine so that you can learn a little more about the software you want to use.