Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Warning: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by...

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Warning: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by... Is there some way to avoid this when combinging HTML and PHP. Perhaps a hack or code to work around.

Comments

• This is usually an indicator of a larger problem that should not be avoided.

If you want to add a banner to the top of your Vanilla pages, consider writing an extension: appearance_changes
  • Thanks for your reply. But I don't think this will work for me. I have more than just banner and the layout is somewhat complex with css and so forth. I am inserting the php into a div within my page, so that may be a problem, but just wanted to know if there was a work around.
  • This has been resolved.
  • jburt76: Could you post how you resolved this? I'm trying to integrate Vanilla into a RapidWeaver-designed site, and I'm running into the same problems as you.
  • Add <?php ob_start(); ?> at the top of your the page. PHP will add any output to a buffer and print it at the end so that you can set your http headers in the middle of it.
  • Beautiful, thanks!
  • How do you actually install this to work on rapid weaver. I have the folder but what Java script do I use and where do i place the folders?