Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Remove Branding?

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Can I 'pay' Lussumo a fee to use our board without the branding text? The footer copyright is fine, but the branding on the sidebar is a bit too much for our board. Almost more tacky then anything else. Thank you

Comments

• Which branding on the sidebar? Technically you can take any of it off without paying anything but of course it would be nice for you to make a donation :)
  • This: Vanilla 1.1.7 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support. Installed Add-ons.
  • There isnt any footer copyright then?
  • Yes, we would like to use a custom theme with the Lussumo copyright or Vanilla link on footer. Which do you prefer?
  • Yeah where do I edit that copyright part? Which file? Im dont want to removie, but I want to shorten it a bit.
  • Oh right. Yeah that's fine. I think that text is stored in the language file but I'm not 100% - try doing a search.
  • /languages/English/definitions.php line 608
  • I wanted a smaller copyright too, as my readers won't need to see the Vanilla documentation or support site. (In fact all that just puts more on screen to confuse them). I put the following in conf/language.php to overide the defaults. It basically changes the colour of sticky/closed to grey so it's less obtrusive than [Sticky, Closed], and turns the copyright into links as 'Vanilla 1.1.8 by Lussumo'. Much neater. I hope this is ok and within the GNU licence, etc..? <?php // Custom Language Definitions $Context->Dictionary['TextWhispered'] = 'Private'; $Context->Dictionary['TextSticky'] = 'Stuck'; $Context->Dictionary['TextClosed'] = 'Closed'; $Context->Dictionary['TextHidden'] = 'Deleted'; $Context->Dictionary['TextSink'] = 'Sunk'; $Context->Dictionary['TextBookmarked'] = 'Bookmarked'; $Context->Dictionary['TextPrefix'] = '<font color=grey>('; $Context->Dictionary['TextSuffix'] = ')</font>'; // Subtle copyright links. $Context->Dictionary['PanelFooter'] = '<p id="AboutVanilla"><a href="http://getvanilla.com">Vanilla '.APPLICATION_VERSION.'</a> by <a href="http://lussumo.com">Lussumo</a></p>'; ?>