Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Textual content of a post appears hidden on first load

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
OK, so here is my weird problem: Textual content of a post appears hidden on first load, and shows correctly upon subsequent page reloads. Tested on FF3, IE7, Chrome, Safari 3 for Mac. What's more strange, is that an embedded youTube video appears normally on the same page, just the text gets lost. I looked at the page source in all aforementioned browsers and found that block of disappearing text in all of them except IE7 which instead output this: <!--qp-->. After a page reload all browsers show the same page source with an exception of IE7 which shows an updated version with the disappearing text in place and no <!--qp-->. Here is an example page: http://www.michiganfilmproduction.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=41&page=1#Item_0 Steps to reproduce: load the page in a browser, view source, reload the page, view source again, compare. I have updated Vanilla to the latest version and saw no change. Thanks a lot!

Comments