Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Vanilla 2.6 is here! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2 with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.

Textual content of a post appears hidden on first load

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
OK, so here is my weird problem:

Textual content of a post appears hidden on first load, and shows correctly upon subsequent page reloads.

Tested on FF3, IE7, Chrome, Safari 3 for Mac. What's more strange, is that an embedded youTube video appears normally on the same page, just the text gets lost. I looked at the page source in all aforementioned browsers and found that block of disappearing text in all of them except IE7 which instead output this: <!--qp-->.

After a page reload all browsers show the same page source with an exception of IE7 which shows an updated version with the disappearing text in place and no <!--qp-->.

Here is an example page: http://www.michiganfilmproduction.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=41&page=1#Item_0

Steps to reproduce: load the page in a browser, view source, reload the page, view source again, compare.

I have updated Vanilla to the latest version and saw no change.
Thanks a lot!

Comments