Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Using SaveUserCustomization in add-on

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi there, I'm having some trouble accessing the SaveUserCustomization function, which I believe should be in the ObjectFactory called UserManager. I've written my add-on and am at the step to simply append the value to the user's account but it aint working too well. This is what I've got: class GeoBoatingPrefForm extends PostBackControl { function GeoBoatingPrefForm(&$Context) { $this->Name = 'GeoBoatingPrefForm'; $this->ValidActions = array('SaveBoatDetails', 'BoatDetails'); $this->Constructor($Context); $PostBackAction = ForceIncomingString('PostBackAction', ''); if ($PostBackAction == 'BoatDetails') { $this->Context->BodyAttributes = ' onload="load();" onunload="GUnload()"'; } else if ($PostBackAction == 'SaveBoatDetails') { $this->UserManager->SaveUserCustomization("GEO_BOATING_BOAT_MODEL", ForceIncomingString('GEO_BOATING_BOAT_MODEL', '')); $this->UserManager->SaveUserCustomization("GEO_BOATING_BOAT_COLOUR", ForceIncomingString('GEO_BOATING_BOAT_COLOUR', '')); $this->UserManager->SaveUserCustomization("GEO_BOATING_BOAT_MODEL", ForceIncomingString('GEO_BOATING_BOAT_MODEL', '')); } } Am I doing that right? I'm assuming that UserManager is accessible within the class...if Context is why wouldn't UserManager not be? The next hurdle I have to meet is iterating through all users and extracting these customised fields. Sounds like a challenge - but fun. :-p Thanks in advance, Dave