Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I get the category link to appear on the main discussions page?

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Like this : Category: Started by: Comments: Last commen: Last Active: Is there an addon?

Comments

• Options
    it's not there by default, as in this community forum?
  • Options
    I have the newest version of Vanilla, and its not on there. Unless I disabled it something?
  • Options
    oops sorry, haven't looked at the newest version yet :S
  • Options
    Please look at your Application Settings page and make sure "Use Categories" is checked.
  • Options
    I dont see "Use Categories". I only see " Allow discussions to be categorized" and it is checked. ?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oops, that's correct. I forgot the wording. Sorry.

Next up, are you 1using any custom themes or 2have you modified any file directly below the themes/ folder?

1. Go back to the default theme and see if the problem persists.

2. If you've made any changes, try downloading the following file and putting in your themes/ folder, overwriting the old one: themes/discussion.php @ r822

PS: If you read the source code of that file, you'll notice the setting USE_CATEGORIES, that's why I said it that way and not the frontend way ;)
  • Options
    Oh i know what the problem is Im using CategoryIcons 1.0.3 addon. If I disabled it I get the Category link. But if I enabled it, its not there. Instead I can click on the icon to go to my category. But I also want to have the category link too. Is this possible to do?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That extension seems to use some pretty hacky CSS to stick an image next to the category. My suggestion is you'd be better off not using it. The benefits aren't enough to make it worthwhile.