Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems - Cannot sign in!

DanDevineDanDevine
edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have a problem in that all users and myself, as admin, can no longer sign into the forum. The database appears to be all there but after signing in the page reverts to the sign in screen again. The last change I made to the forum yesterday was trying to get the "remember me" to work on the log in screen. I made some changes in the application setting menu to the cookies and path settings. I could have sworn I checked the sign in after the changes were made but today we are locked out. I tried replacing the people folder in the library folder as suggested in other threads on the forum but no luck. I am running 1.1.8. My vanilla folder is still named vanilla-1.1.5a since I haven't been able to figure out how to change that and not get errors. I tired loading another folder I named "vanilla" and placed a fresh install of vanilla in there. Used the contents of the conf folder as suggested in another thread but get a whole bunch of appg errors! Tried renaming the new install folder to vanilla-1.1.5a but get a bunch of framework errors!

Am now back to my original folder (vanilla-1.1.5 even though it is 1.1.8)and everything is back to normal except I (we) still can't long in. If it is a problem with something I changed in cookies I can't change it because I can't log in as admin. Any ideas on how to get into the forum when you can't log in. I check with the host and there is nothing there that looks out of the ordinary so they can't help. I can restore to an older version of the database but I have a feeling this may not help.

I did try creating a new user but when I click on the link to confirm the user I still can't get in since it goes back to the sign in screen. Also tried changing my password but no luck either.

TIA

Dan

Comments

• edited June 2009
    If you are using the newest version of Vanilla. This might help. http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=90712 Most of the issues seem to center around the character count after being encrypted being over the table size. I modified my table size and asked everyone to submit a password reset email.
  • edited June 2009
    You also might have run in to this bug which will be fixed in the next release.

wrong url in redirect after sign-in

It's a simple fix to your conf/settings.php file. However, since it appears you upgraded to 1.1.8, I don't think this is your problem...
  • >You also might have run in to this bug which will be fixed in the next release.

>wrong url in redirect after sign-in

>It's a simple fix to your conf/settings.php file. However, since it appears you upgraded to 1.1.8, I don't think this is your problem...

Hmm.

I don't even have the "Methods" line in my settings.php file. Is it still there in 1.1.8 or has it been removed?

Thanks!

Dan
  • >If you are using the newest version of Vanilla. This might help.
    >http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=90712

>Most of the issues seem to center around the character count after being encrypted being over the table size. I modified my table size and asked everyone to >submit a password reset email.

Tried both fixs suggested by Dinoboff below but still no go.

Frustrating since all the data is there but I only have "Guest Access" Can't seem to find a fix.

How did you modify the table size or is that what the following is suppose to do?

Dan

> Dinoboff Oct 13th 2008 edited block userblock comment# 77
    >If it is not fixed after that:
    >Try first to remove from conf/settings.php:
    >$Configuration['DATABASE_VERSION'] = 2;

>Or to update the database structure yourself. Using PhpMysql you would:
    >- select the database where vanilla is installed.
    >- select the SQL tab and execute the following query:
    >ALTER TABLE LUM_User CHANGE Password Password VARBINARY( 34 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL;

>- add $Configuration['DATABASE_VERSION'] = 2; to conf/settings.php
  • Ok,

I am back in. I edited line having to do with the cookie path in the settings.php file. I had the .myforum.com text in there and I replaced it with a "/". Since that was where I was mucking around before I locked myself out I though it was worth a try to change it. Sometimes you just get lucky I guess! I am not sure if it was just that or a combination of the suggestions I tried from the replies on the forum.

I think I will give up on getting the "remember me" on sigh-in to work!!!!

Thanks all you guys for the help and suggestions.

Dan