Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installation problems

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
"We came across some problems while checking your permissions... Vanilla seems to have been installed already. You will need to remove the conf/settings.php, conf/database.php files, and all database tables in order to run the installer utility again." I had Vanilla up and running on my pc, then I had to delete it. I tried to reinstall it, I've done a system restore on my computer, tried it on another computer and I keep getting the above message when I try to install Vanilla. I delete the two files indicated, create a new vanilla database in xampp and try again. I get as far as it needing me to add the line to allow access to the database without a password, I do that and then get the above message again. Can you help with this please? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I figured this out. I was copying the line regarding the password to the settings.php file, then telling the install to continue. This apparently is the wrong order. I finished the install, then changed the line and things are working.