Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is there a way to disable edits?

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
is there a way to disable post edits? globally is fine, but if it could be role specific that would be even better. it seems like there should be an easy way to do this but i can't find it in role permissions. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• bump i also would like to know about this! anyone know?
  • i was beginning to think i was the only one who didn't know how to do this :P does really no one know a solution?
  • fmimosofmimoso
    edited June 2009
    You can always remove the link from the theme... that's no real solution but it can solve your problem briefly until you find a good way to do it.
  • i had considered that idea, and may do it if there's no other solution...would I just make $Context->Dictionary['edit'] = 'edit'; into $Context->Dictionary['edit'] = '';
  • I think this is what you're asking for: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=314 The cleveredit extension allows you to disable multiposting and provide a timeout for edits. You can even specify roles that are exempt from the rules.