Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Just geting started, require some assistance

edited July 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Greetings community. I have just installed Vanilla - all seems good, but I am unsure how to proceed. I log on as administrator, I have the tabs Discussions, Categories, Search. On the far right I have a message that says Not signed in (Sign In). Reading the documentation it talks about the Application Settings Form - "As the name suggests, this form contains all the important global application settings for your vanilla forum. It can be found under the ‘Settings’ tab then under the “Application Settings” in the list of side-bar options." I do not see this on my page. Where do I go from here? I would like to create new categories, test the system and so on. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Pretty simple question. How do you start the Application settings from? Then I can get on with it. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry, that's supposed to be, How do you start the Application Settings Form?
  • Options
    hi, if you are the admin and you are logged in the applications settings-tab will be right there were the other tabs are. If it doesn't appear you aren't logged in or your role isn't right - but wether you haven't changed a thing the second option won't be the problem. So your logged in if the sign on the right says "xy logged in (logout)" (or something like this - i have a translated version) Have you managed to log in? You have to click on "(login)"