Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Making Add-On Section Easier To View And Sort

edited July 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Not sure if this is the right place to post my comments. It is wonderful that there are so many add-ons. However, I find it difficult to wade through the 100's of add-ons that are listed. I'm concerned that I'm missing add-ons that would be useful. These features would be very helpful and hopefully some could be implemented easily directly by the add-on developers: -Add more categories, so users wouldn't have to sift through add-ons that are not relevant. 3/4 of the add-ons are in the "Extensions," category, so that's the one that needs to be separated out into new categories IMHO. Consider one or more of the following for new categories: "search", "social networking," "moderator tools," "subscriber management," "RSS" or "early-BETA/experimental." -Allow the users to display the add-ons as just one line each, showing just the name of the add-on and minimal description of what it's for. -Require the add-on developers to remove their add-on from the add-on section, if a newer version is posted elsewhere in the add-on section, it's not working, or is archaic (for example, if it's already included in a recent version of Vanilla). -Some of the screen shots are too hard to read so I have to have my website guy spend an hour installing the add-on into my forum before I can have a good idea about whether it's useful or not. Would be great to have a more complete feature list or ability to click on screen shot to have it pull up a full-page image. Thank you for your reading this.