Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

iPhone App for Vanilla

BentotBentot New
edited July 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    It is...and if I remember correctly somone was working on it but they haven't been around lately. It's something I would pay for.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Right here: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/6937/iphone-stylesheettheme/
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't think Vanilla could re-implement the iPhone easily within PHP ;)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We have an idea for an iPhone app, but it will mostly likely just be a mobile theme in the beginning. An actual app is quite a ways off for us. If someone else is interested in working on it, though, we will help them any way we can.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    And if anyone has done any research into what kind of javascript the iphone supports then please share. I know we can get some decent functionality in a mobile theme to tide us over until we have a native app.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited August 2009
    A mobile theme (read: iPhone) for Vanilla would be more than enough. Developers with Vanilla forums would love it if mobile users could read and post in discussions on the go.

Something like WPTouch for Wordpress

- Raize
  • Options
    mattmatt ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Hi

I'm the guy who has been sitting on this theme. You know how it is with personal projects that are perpetually on the side.

Here's the link for the last version I put online to make sure we're all talking about the same thing http://www.gingerbeardman.com/iphone/

However, I'm really excited about V2 and am happy to get a move on with it. I'm also an iPhone developer so would be very interested in working with you on that, too.

Todd/Mark, what's the best way to get in touch officially?

Cheers,
    matt