Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How would I go about setting a minimum length to posts and comments?

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there an existing plugin to do so? Or any easy edits?

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Vanilla 1 or 2?
  • Options

actually!!!

To Vinilla 2 where to establish the minimum quantity of symbols in the comment?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

vanilla/settings/floodcontrol

in your dashboard.

actually that is maximum

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

peregrine said:
    vanilla/settings/floodcontrol

in your dashboard.

actually that is maximum

You speak to me as to establish the maximum length of the message, and I need the minimum value. Where to establish the minimum value?

Example:

the maximum quantity of signs - I establish 1500.

And minimum it turns out can be and 1 sign or 1 smilie how to make that users couldn't write less than 100 signs for example???

Вы мне говорите как установить максимальную длину сообщения, а мне нужно минимальное значение. Где установить минимальное значение?

Пример:

максимальное количество знаков - устанавливаю 1500.

А минимальное получается может быть и 1 знак или 1 смайлик, как сделать чтобы пользователи не могли написать менее 100 знаков например???

• Options

You are absolutely right - I commented about the wrong thing. I don't have an answer to solve what you want to do.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

peregrine said:
    You are absolutely right - I commented about the wrong thing. I don't have an answer to solve what you want to do.

Yes here now I will check at this forum, I will put in the following message 1 sign, whether we will see the comment will be published. ;)

Whether there is at whom an answer to my question?

Да вот сейчас проверю на этом форуме, поставлю в следующем сообщении 1 знак, увидем будет ли опубликован комментарий. ;)

Есть ли у кого ответ на мой вопрос?

• Options

• Options

As we see users can quietly leave senseless comments with 1 sign.

Как видим пользователи могут спокойно оставлять бессмысленные комментарии с 1 знаком.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited August 2012

If you notice, type nothing and hit post comment. Validation, kicks in. So you could add this as a jquery character count min to vanilla buttonbar i would assume.

There was an error rendering this rich post.