Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email error

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello

I'm testing the forum and have setup a account but get this email error message on the page, Can someone please tell me how to fix it .. Thanks

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to smtp.xtra.co.nz:25 (Connection timed out) in /home/89452w/public_html/forum/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Email.php on line 202

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Make sure your SMTP settings are correct.
  • Options
    Hi Mark.

I have checked with my ISP and all setting are correct
    Which setting do you think maybe the problem ?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Specifically, I was thinking about SMTP address, SMTP port, SMTP username, and SMTP password.

If the connection timed out to the smtp server (as the error describes), those are the first things I'd check. Failing that, I'd try to see if there was a firewall issue connecting to the smtp server between your server and the smtp server.
  • Options
    How do I change the SMTP port setting on the script ? when I login as admin there is no where to change this, only the SMTP address, username and password
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've got my head buried in Vanilla 2, so forgive me if I get this wrong, but I think you can specify the port just by appending ":port_number" to the host name.