HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

how to recognize users role ?

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
hello !

I have add a page with the extension PageManager, on this page, I need to know the role of the user to display a message, but I´m a php newbie !

I´ve tried with this :

$this->Context->Session->Check($Context); if (($this->Context->Session->User->RoleID == 3) || ($this->Context->Session->User->RoleID == 4) || ($this->Context->Session->User->RoleID == 5)) { echo "Pour modifier vos informations, <a href=\"?Page=upload-modif\">cliquez ici</a><br /><br />"; }

the rest of the page _must_ be displayed whatever the role or the user

it works fine if you have a roleId 3, 4 or 5... just, when the user have another RoleId, he is automatically redirected to the homepage !

help please !!

Comments

• nobody ?
  • up !!
  • edited September 2009
    I ve tried many many things, and nothing works... I´m desperate !!

I think PageManagement doesn´t allow to use the UserId or RoleID

Maybe can I create 2 pages, one for the users with RoleID 3, 4 or 5, and one for the others, I need to recognize the RoleID before being of the page that I´ve add with PageManagement

I would like to see the link on the PanelFooter, how can I do that ?

case 1, the RoleID is 3, 4 or 5 : display the link for page 1 with my echo "pour modifier[...]"; and the rest of the content

case 2, others RoleID : display the link for page 2 with just the content