Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Removing Email from Vanilla

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,
I have set up Vanilla on an internal network in my office.
Our development network does not have a mail server so I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the email function?
When users sign up they are asked for an email address which they currently have to put in yet it is never used. And whenever Admin is carried out there are mail errors.
Just being able to hide the email address box and make the forum stop trying to send emails to users would be great.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Removing the input is difficult, but removing the email send functionality is pretty easy. Just comment out lines 154 and 164 of library/Framework/Framework.Class.Email.php:

http://code.google.com/p/lussumo-vanilla/source/browse/trunk/src/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Email.php#154

Change them from this:

$this->SMTPSend($To, $this->Subject, $Message, $Header);

and this:

if (!@mail($To, $this->Subject, $Message, $Header) && $this->FatalError) $this->Context->ErrorManager->AddError($this->Context, $this->Name, "Send", "An error occurred while sending the email.", $php_errormsg);

To this:

// $this->SMTPSend($To, $this->Subject, $Message, $Header);

and this:

// if (!@mail($To, $this->Subject, $Message, $Header) && $this->FatalError) $this->Context->ErrorManager->AddError($this->Context, $this->Name, "Send", "An error occurred while sending the email.", $php_errormsg);