Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla within Joomla Template

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi All,

I'm looking to have Vanilla appear/load within our Joomla website.

We use a pretty complex Joomla template for our main website. Replicating this design as a Vanilla theme would be quite complex.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on the best way to have a virtually seamless integration of both Vanilla and Joomla in respect of design (not looking to integrate sign ups/logins or anything as we don't use Joomla for user accounts).

I have look at maybe an iFrame or Wrapper of some sort but wondered if there was a more elegant way of doing this.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Is it just the css that is complex, or is there also server-side queries and information that need to go into the template?
  • Options
    If this was worked out it would be HUGE for me!

www.BallOfSpray.com
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'm guessing that it would be difficult to completely automate this, but if you create a joomla page without any content then it would be pretty close to one of our master pages.

If you can do this somewhere on your site I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like.