Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Minogi.com - a different kind of Vanilla Forum

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Minogi.com

Hey out there Vanilla Community,

I've been working on a website with a couple of my friends over the past couple months. We started development on this site right when Vanilla 2 was coming out and we were very excited about the prospects. Due to deadline in the project however we were unable to use Vanilla 2 and opted for Vanilla 1.1.8

We've appropriated much of what is out of the box in Vanilla as something else (e.g. Groups are actually extended from Categories). You can easily see this based on URL configuration as we haven't hidden anything...yet. We think that this might be one of the more radical uses of a Vanilla Forum. We'd love for you the community to take a look and give us any kind of feedback — we know we've gotten both positive and negative feedback from our client and we know it has it's fair share of bugs :D

Probably more of a reason to check out this site is that we've made some plugins that don't exist that people seem to be asking for on the forums. A few are:

• Groups
• Facebook Connect
• Flickr Image Uploading
• User Activity
• Friends
• et al

Some of these are inherent in Vanilla 2, but for those Vanilla 1ers out there we're still itching to see some progress on that. Anyways, cheers and we look forward to a long-lasting engagement with this community.

http://minogi.com/

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Good stuff! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Mark. We plan on making these plugins available for Vanilla.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That's awesome news!
  • Options
    I personally can't wait for this. Yes, V2 is not where I need it to be for our purposes, so we too have opted for a V1 clean install with as many mods as we can find to make things useful / sexy.

Groups, user activity and friends etc will transform V1 tremendously.

If you need a tester, please advise.