HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page creation

bobthemanbobtheman
edited March 2010 in Feedback
will v2 support page creation in the near future? i would personally like to discontinue use of WP asap. Maybe something like a bloging or content management system?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    What is page creation anyway?
  • Options
    creating pages, like pages of a webpage. I'm not really sure how to explain it other than that. Wordpress and joomla support page creation if that helps any. while single sign on is cool, and i do understand and respect the need for a multiplatform authentication solution like SSO. i'd much rather use one central application/platform that supports both, and this seems to be an accepted concept throughout the web community. Wordpress is integrating with bbpress, buddypress, and WPMU. Drupal has built in forum functionality in addition to the cms. Joomla has plugins for forum solutions.

Besides, I think vanilla can improve upon the current bloging and cms solutions.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Vanilla 1 had "BlogThis" and "PageManager" that turned it from a forum into a very useful CMS. I am in the same boat as you @bobtheman, I hope Vanilla 2 will become my "go to" CMS of, with discussion as the central building block.
  • Options
    i agree @Raize, im still looking forward to some clarification from this thread
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/10498/naming-conventions-core-cleanup-your-thoughts/#Item_74

because if technically someone can install "vanilla" and not use the forums portion of the software, seems sorta funny for the project to be called "vanilla forums" when the forums are considered to be a addon/application.

I remember @Mark talking about having some wiki ideas, and I cant tell but i think this, http://vanillaforums.org/docs#TableOfContents ... is running some form of a wiki application off of vanilla. So maybe this will be released soon.
  • Options
    Well, once Garden and Vanilla 2 are finally released, there's no reason someone with the requisite skill shouldn't be able to create a blog or CMS application for garden that would integrate perfectly with Vanilla 2 ;) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this myself actually ;)
  • Options
    @Stash
    but this isnt to say there isnt something already in the works, right?
  • Options
    Man, double negatives give me brain ache :P

AFAIK there is nothing announced/planned, but if you want to start writing one... ;)
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Obviously the forum aspect of Vanilla is the main priority right now but @[-Stash-] is right, there's no reason why someone can't create a Blog type application for Garden that would integrate with Vanilla. That would be the life...