Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notifi conflict with Panel Search extension

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,
I have an extension/add-on to my V1.1.10 installation called PanelSearch which puts a search box in the side panel. It's a slightly modified version of an example I found in the Vanilla documentation somewhere and is fairly simple - not a lot to it. However, it's causing some problems with Notifi 2.0.4 that I've just installed. If I disable PanelSearch, Notifi works perfectly, but with PanelSearch enabled it causes a search to be executed when a comment is added to a discussion. The search returns no results leaving the user who attempted to post a comment with a blank content area on the page (Vanilla header and side panel are still visible) and the comment fails to be added. This is what the browser requests after a comment is submitted:

http://forum.mysite.com/search.php?PostBackAction=Search&Type=Comments&Keywords=&FormPostBackKey=bb6405ec3fb9321a53d938e5d94ef4e5&CommentID=0&DiscussionID=8&PostBackAction=SaveComment&UserCommentCount=0&AuthUserID=0&Body=Test&FormatType=Text
Here is the code inside default.php for PanelSearch (the only file apart from css for the extension):

if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('index.php','comments.php','categories.php')))
//if ($Context->SelfUrl == "index.php")
{
$Context->Dictionary['Search'] = 'Search';

// Create my search form
$SearchForm = '<div id="PanelSearch">';
$SearchForm .= '<form method="get" action="search.php">';
$SearchForm .= '<input type="hidden" name="PostBackAction" value="Search" />';
$SearchForm .= '<input type="hidden" name="Type" value="Comments" />';
$SearchForm .= '<input type="text" name="Keywords" class="PanelInput" />';
$SearchForm .= '<input type="submit" class="PanelSearchButton" value="'.$Context->GetDefinition('Search').'" />';
$SearchForm .= '</div>';

// Add the form to the panel
$Panel->AddString($SearchForm);

// Add the style to the head
$Head->AddStyleSheet("extensions/PanelSearch/style.css", "screen");

Any ideas as to what may be causing the conflict with Notfi?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Close the form tag. The bug might only shows with Notifi on because it also add a form to the panel.
       $SearchForm  = '<div id="PanelSearch">';
    $SearchForm .= '<form method="get" action="search.php">';
    $SearchForm .= '<input type="hidden" name="PostBackAction" value="Search" />';
    $SearchForm .= '<input type="hidden" name="Type" value="Comments" />';
    $SearchForm .= '<input type="text" name="Keywords" class="PanelInput" />';
    $SearchForm .= '<input type="submit" class="PanelSearchButton" value="'.$Context->GetDefinition('Search').'" />';
    $SearchForm .= '</form>';
    $SearchForm .= '</div>';
  • Options
    Well spotted. That was the problem. Many thanks.