Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

When vanilla 2 ?

jadjad
edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi

I am quite tired of waiting !

When vanilla 2 ?

Comments

• SilencerSilencer New
    edited March 2010
    When it is ready! As this is mainly Marks baby, he does make that decision. If you want help finishing 2.0, please sign into guthub (or make an account), fork garden, incorporate your changes and make a pull request to Mark (on your commit page). Thanx!
  • I am still waiting, as many people do. But I am not tired.. I respect the development proccess..

If you are tired, you have few solutions:
    1. use another forum software
    2. install beta
    3. give some motivation to the mark (i.e. pay him 100.000 dollars or so)
  • @veki I completely agree with you, I hate when people start getting impatient over vanilla. I know it's an amazing piece of software, but all good things take time, and it's not like something like this pops up over night. It takes time, and when you rush stuff like this, that's when things start going downhill. I say to mark... Take your time.
  • @jad please be patient Mark is very busy with this and so are other people please dont carry on ranting. It will be released soon - here is more information
    http://vanillaforums.org/page/ProductRoadMap
  • To avoid discussions like this I think that would be useful for
    Developers to declare a date for release of
    the final version. As he said defiantly veki, one could also
    really use another forum software if you knew that Vanilla will be
    released in 2012 or later... We need a strong statement like, "not
    expect Vanilla2 before August of 2011". People
    would choose accordingly...
  • Or just something like: `Do not expect Vanilla to be released on your demands.`
  • Now when I think back @candyman has right. It will be fair enough for people to have some orientation in planning of their projects. For example I am planning a Vanilla 2 on my website in May 2010.

Fact like: "Not expect Vanilla 2 before August of 2011" will be nice for me. In that case I would definitely install beta version on my production website. And I would know to plan some extra hours for my PHP programmer :)