Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I get "Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();" while trying to install V2. Here's the rest of the error:

The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

create table `GDN_Discussion` (
`DiscussionID` int not null auto_increment,
`CategoryID` int not null,
`InsertUserID` int not null,
`UpdateUserID` int not null,
`FirstCommentID` int,
`LastCommentID` int,
`Name` varchar(100) not null,
`CountComments` int not null default 1,
`Closed` enum('1','0') not null default 0,
`Announce` enum('1','0') not null default 0,
`Sink` enum('1','0') not null default 0,
`DateInserted` datetime,
`DateUpdated` datetime not null,
`DateLastComment` datetime,
`Attributes` text,
key `FK_Discussion_CategoryID` (`CategoryID`),
key `FK_Discussion_InsertUserID` (`InsertUserID`),
key `FK_Discussion_FirstCommentID` (`FirstCommentID`),
key `FK_Discussion_LastCommentID` (`LastCommentID`),
key `FK_Discussion_DateInserted` (`DateInserted`),
index `IX_Discussion_DateLastComment` (`DateLastComment`),
primary key (`DiscussionID`),
fulltext index `TX_Discussion` (`Name`) ) default character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci

The error occurred on or near: /forum/library/database/class.database.php
227:          $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
228: }
229:
230: if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) {
231: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
232: }
233:
234: $Result = TRUE;
235: // Did this query modify data in any way?
Line 231 is highlighted.

My server config:

Rackspace Cloud Site
Apache 2.2
MySQL 5.0.77
PHP 5.2.6
PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.77

I had to modify .htaccess to get it to run the installer in a folder:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /forum/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L]
The installer has appears to have created all the tables in the database (there are 14 of them).

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• I submitted a ticket to Rackspace on this and the response was, "Within Cloud Sites, we unfortunately can't support the requirement of Full Text indexes."

The support tech went on to say, "Something I might recommend however would be to setup a cloud server for your database needs and then run the site from cloud sites connecting to your cloud server."

Sounds overly complicated to me. I think I'll just run up a Cloud Server.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Well, you do get the benefit of the automated scaling if you keep the web app on cloud sites and just put the db on a cloud server - he's got a good point.
  • That's true. Digging a little deeper, traffic between the cloud server and cloud site isn't free, unlike cloud server to cloud server.
  • PamelaPamela ✭✭
    Hi, I've got this error too (at "shared" MavenHosting.com) with Vanilla_2.0_rc1-0-gcb12ba2 version

Apache 1.3.41 - PHP 5.2.11 - MySQL 5.0.90 (and PDO Driver for MySQL enabled...)

The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes|Gdn_Database|Query|create table `GDN_Discussion` ( `DiscussionID` int not null auto_increment, `CategoryID` int not null, `InsertUserID` int not null, `UpdateUserID` int not null, `LastCommentID` int, `Name` varchar(100) not null, `Body` text not null, `Format` varchar(20), `CountComments` int not null default 1, `Closed` tinyint(1) not null default 0, `Announce` tinyint(1) not null default 0, `Sink` tinyint(1) not null default 0, `DateInserted` datetime, `DateUpdated` datetime not null, `DateLastComment` datetime, `LastCommentUserID` int, `Score` float, `Attributes` text, key `FK_Discussion_CategoryID` (`CategoryID`), key `FK_Discussion_InsertUserID` (`InsertUserID`), index `IX_Discussion_DateLastComment` (`DateLastComment`), primary key (`DiscussionID`), fulltext index `TX_Discussion` (`Name`, `Body`) ) default character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci;

Is it possible for me to install your version 2 but how do ;-) or... not here ?

Many thanks in advance

PS: 18 tables have been created in my data-base
  • @Stretch : i think your vanilla exceed maximum sql database connection count .... so try increase your database connection count in the hosting ... :D

• @shyaminayesh said:
    Stretch : i think your vanilla exceed maximum sql database connection count .... so try increase your database connection count in the hosting ... :D

so stretch asked this question in 2010? Stretch has logged in everyday for 3 years waiting for your answer. :) Do you think stretch found the solution prior to this? hmm.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine : oh shit ... 2010 march ... i didn't see it, :D