Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Missing Notes About reset.css

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This is nothing big, just thought I would save somebody the 10 minutes that I used trying to figure out why my own theme is not working.

Under the README file for the default theme, the step 3 of the instructions to create your own theme writes:
3. Create a "design" subfolder and copy /applications/garden/design/style.css
and /applications/vanilla/design/vanilla.css into it.
Truth is, /applications/garden/design/reset.css is required too to be copied over too as the very first line of style.css writes:

@import url('reset.css') /* NoFollow */;

I think this should be added to the README file accordingly although it isn't too hard to figure out. :)

Comments

• Options
    That is correct. http://vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart is updated already. @Mark has to change it on GIT.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    When the RC comes out, that is going to be changing again. You will be able to create a "custom.css" file in your design folder and add all of your customizations there. All other files will just cascade, and your custom.css gets added after. We *will* update the docs :)

btw - this change will not break your current definitions - it's just another option.