HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A simple template system?

edited May 2010 in Feedback
Hi guys,

I am using Vanilla for a while now. I am a designer and I am able to use css/xhtml in a professional manner :) but what gives me a hard time since the beginning is making serious layout changes in Vanilla. All layout elements are embeded in complex php files. So when I, for example, want to add or get rid of an element in the panel.php it is simple not possible for me. There is a loop that calls all panel elements and I have no change to change anything. Is there are no way to make this more simple? For example Wordpress, I know this is not Wordpress ;), its so much easier for me as an "no programmer, but sort of know what a php call is doing" kinda guy to change the layout the way I want it.

Maybe you can give some help here or kick my ass and tell me "Frank, you don't know what you are talking about..."

Cheers
Frank
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm pretty sure one of the latest additions to the Lussumo team was going to investigate further theming mechanics. Currently you're better off using CSS alone. The html is pretty clean, you can for example easily switch the content and the side panel totally with css alone.