Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cookie Path Settings

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just upgraded to Vanilla 1, hoping that it would fix some problems I've been having with Vanilla since I started using it. It may be a problem on my server, but I'm hoping it can be resolved nonetheless. The cookie path setting isn't being applied to cookies. My Cookie Domain is set to www.domain.com, and my Cookie Path is set to /path-to-vanilla/. However, all the cookies that Vanilla sets are as follows (as seen in the Camino cookie list): Website: .bcdynamic.com Name: vanillaname Path: / My server is running PHP v4.4.2 and MySQL v4.1.19-standard. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That's kind of wierd. I find it hard to believe that I messed up cookies *again*. If I have, I will definitely fix it right away.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Can you copy the COOKIE_DOMAIN and COOKIE_PATH lines out of conf/settings.php and paste them in here?
  • $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = 'www.bcdynamic.com'; $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/as0oun3dnz/';
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Well, I don't know how that could have possibly gotten messed up. I pass those values directly into PHP's setcookie function...
  • Ah, it's my fault. Sorry, I should have looked a bit harder. Web-path to Vanilla was set to http://bcdynamic.com/as0oun3dnz/ instead of http://www.bcdynamic.com/as0oun3dnz/ It's working now. Sorry to bug you. Version 1.0 looks awesome, though!
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh sweet. I'm really glad you got it going. I know that cookie problem was an annoying one in the previous version :)
  • are we suppose to create a folder for the cookies ? strange never had any login issues but I see no vanilla cookie in my list of browser cookies do the cookies get stored inside a created folder to get listed ?
  • hello. i accidentally changed something to do with cookies in my vanilla forum

www.meridapitbulls.com/foro is the cookie that works...but i changed it to www.meridapitbulls.com/cerrado and i can´t change it back. please help!

thanks in advance.
  • How do you change the cookies?