Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translate "Welcome Message"

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all,

I was able to translate almost all terms with a locale.php that resides in V2 ~/conf/ Folder.
Just the Welcome Message in the upper right box with the registration and login button doesn't like to get translated.

locale.php says this:
$Definition['It looks like you\'re new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!'] = 'Wenn Sie an den Diskussionen teilnehmen möchten, klicken Sie bitte hier:';

But it doesn't take effekt, does anyone have an idea for me?
Thanx
p*
  • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    Ähm, Mods, do we have a case of SPAM-Insection here?
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • hginlihginli New
    edited July 2010
    Can try

applications / dashboard / modules / class.guestmodule.php

line 16
    public $MessageCode = "It looks like youre new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!";
    this is my modify

hope can help you :)
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    Thanx hginli, it worked for me but it doesn't seem to update-save. :)

Greetz
    p*
  • doesn't seem to update-save !!?
  • in conf/locale.php

['GuestModule.Message']

$Definition['GuestModule.Message'] = "welcome message";

it will update-save :)
  • shouldnt this be a regular setting in the admin dashboard? this is a highly sought after change.