Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Who's Online

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Who's Online

Comments

• The Extensions update breaks at the apostrophe with this extension...

Who's Online 1.1
    CheckingForUpdates

Error: Who'sOnline|[UNKNOWN]ExtensionStatusUnknown

Posted: Monday, 5 March 2007 at 8:26PM (AEDT)

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    This can be fixed at the addon site level for the time being, but I'm going to implement a fix for the core as well so punctuation is acceptable.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've fixed this in subversion. I'm going to wait a day or two before releasing 1.1.2 in case some other things come up.
  • is this also the reason why I cannot enable this plugin after upgrading to vanilla 1.1? Its listed in the extensions list and I can check it but it does not enable.
  • nevermind replaced the two files anyhow and it works dandy.
  • Just wondering, anyone know of an easy way to have the names listed inline, rather than each per line? Trying to save space...
  • Yes I have. It was kinda hard, not knowing this system, but i figured it out. Don know if u consider this method a "hack", but it works.

1. Open the "extentions/WhosOnline/default.php" file
    2. On line 150 (just before the line that says $Panel->AddList($ListName);
    add the following line : $Panel->AddString("<div id='onlinenow'>",500);
    3. On the next line change it to:$Panel->AddList($ListName,501);
    4. 30 lines down (before the last curly bracket)
    add this line: $Panel->AddString("</div>",502);
    5. Save and close this file.
    6. Create a "style.css" file in this extion folder and open it. Put this code there: #onlinenow ul li ul { overflow:hidden; } #onlinenow ul li ul li { width:auto; margin-right:4px; float:left; }
    7. Save the file.
    Thats it.

Hope this is what u wanted
  • Update! I found out how to add style in an extention (been reading through other ppls extentions alot to try to learn.. ) $Head->AddStyleSheet('extensions/WhosOnline/style.css'); is the way. Just add it on the start of extentions/WhosOnline/default.php and put the style on point 6 in a style.css file and put it the same folder.. To the original poster / creater of this. Maybe you could incorporate this feature in the original with a setting in a config.php file. For instance a constant that says true or false; use same line format. If the original creater is inactive, I could clean up my code and make a newer version of this, but I dont wanna replace or add to with out permission..
  • When I click the download link above, the file that is downloaded still says it's version 1.1 of WhosOnline in the code. When I upload it to the server, the updates page still shows it's an old version, not 1.2.
  • yea i get that too. my guess is he forgot to update the version number in the default.php file :)
  • They are both exactly the same apart from the version number, just change the version in your default file to 1.2 if you want.

Posted: Wednesday, 14 March 2007 at 6:56PM (AEDT)

• LOL OK. Why an update with no...er...update? Anyway, I changed the version number in the default file and now my extensions all show to be the current version. Thanks. :)
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Who's Online with the correct version number.
  • It would be nice to have the capacity to see Who's Online connected to a certain permission level - ie., I would like to allow my users to see Who's Online, but not the anonymous guests. It might also be nice to be able to place the list of users at the middle/bottom of the sidepanel, rather than at the top!
  • icouto - this doesn't display if you are not logged in
  • @Gauzy: doh! How silly do I feel... Bad example... It might be nice, for instance, to let 'administrators' see who's online, but not general users.
  • @icouto - ah, yeah, i see what you mean now. not sure how to go about doing that, i imagine it's possible, but outside my realm of expertise.
  • If you look in the default.php file for this: if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("account.php", "categories.php", "comments.php", "index.php", "post.php", "search.php", "settings.php")) && $Context->Session->UserID > 0 && !$Context->Session->User->Preference("HideWhosOnline")) { You could change it to if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("account.php", "categories.php", "comments.php", "index.php", "post.php", "search.php", "settings.php")) && $Context->Session->UserID > 0 && $Context->Session->RoleID == 4 && !$Context->Session->User->Preference("HideWhosOnline")) { and it'l only display for users whose role ID is 4 (default admin role, you might need to change it)
  • important update on my hack .. I edited the original text. so look there.. the point is to use positioning on both addstring and addpanel.. btw.. Is anyone using it?
  • Can I ask a question here related to this add-on? I just upgraded my forum to 1.1.2 Now, for some reason, it always says I have tons of guests. It may say 54 guests one minute, then 84 guests the next minute. I know I don't have that many people there. Is there some sort of error going on? Thanks.