Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notify

15678911»

Comments

• Did you use tty's 1.2.2 version as your base?

If so, would you be kind enough to package up your version and post it up here for other people to download and test? If you don't have the hosting, please will you email it to me and I'll put it up for download? (email on user page)
  • Also there is my release called Notifi, it fixes the problem of private category notification and is an improvement in many other ways, see it here
  • Hello, I am using the Joomla/Vanilla bridge and am very happy with it. I have installed Notify and it works perfectly EXCEPT that the link in the notify email goes to the vanilla installation, not the Joomla site. ie the email link says Watch this discusion here: http://www.osid.co.uk/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/comments.php?DiscussionID=20/ But the discussion is actually here http://www.osid.co.uk/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/component/option,com_vanilla/Itemid,56/ although you will notice that there is no reference to the actual discussion. What do you think? Is it possible to have the link go to the correct discussion in the actual Joomla site? Failing that could I simply replace the link with one that just goes to the site forum, and let the user find the discussion? Thanks
  • osid, this extension is being improved under a new name, Notifi. There have been lots of bugfixes and feature additions since this release and I highly recommend you switch to using Notifi.

When I try to visit the links you provided, the first one gives an error that the discussion could not be found, and the other gives the whole forum as opposed to a specific discussion. Please give fresh links so I can help
  • Hi, thanks for the assistance. I have replaced Notify with Notifi but get this error above the rest of the forum Notice: Undefined variable: errors in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/_includes/install.php on line 74 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_AUTO_ALL in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 121 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_ALLOW_ALL in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 123 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_ALLOW_CATEGORY in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 140 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_ALLOW_DISCUSSION in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 148 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_AUTO_ALL in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/_includes/usersettings.php on line 2 Not sure what to do now, go back to Notify?
  • Oh that was bad timing for you, I accidentally wrote $errors instead of $Errors and it screwed it all up :p
    But I updated it now and have tested it on a fresh install and as an update and it works perfectly, so enjoy.
  • Hello again, I downloaded a fresh copy, installed it but still get this Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_AUTO_ALL in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 121 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_ALLOW_ALL in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 123 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_ALLOW_CATEGORY in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 140 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_ALLOW_DISCUSSION in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 148 Notice: Undefined index: NOTIFI_AUTO_ALL in /home/osidco/public_html/OverseasSchoolsInformationDatabase/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/_includes/usersettings.php on line 2 What do you think?
  • I will reply on the topic for Notifi so this is kept on topic
This discussion has been closed.