Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Yellow Fade

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Yellow Fade

Comments

• @Mark: the default.php file for the Yellow Fade extension has to be changed to reflect the name in the add-ons repository. The file tells the updater that the name of the extension is "YellowFade Effect", when it should be just "Yellow Fade".
  • It works here..are you sure you're running the latest version of the extension?
  • @Mini: as far as I can tell, the latest version of the extension is version 0.1. That is the one I've got!
  • Well the name of the one in the addons site is 'Yellow Fade'..?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Sorry - my mistake. If you just change the name in your extension to "Yellow Fade" it will be fine. I didn't want to upgrade the revision just for a name change.
  • Seems to conflict with SmoothPageJump. :(
  • Doesn't seem to work here, even with all my extensions deactivated. The .js is added to the head, though.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @kimC: are you using a custom theme?
  • no, it's a fresh install, and i'm using the default theme. i'll post the solution here if i manage to find out what's causing it.
  • One problem: it doesn't fade to the right color. If I whisper myself, for instance, it doesn't fade to purple when I'm done.
  • The yellowfade javascript is included on pretty much every page in vanilla, but it's really only needed on the comments page, so I was wondering if line 11 could be changed from if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("index.php", "categories.php", "comments.php", "search.php", "post.php", "account.php", "settings.php"))){ to if($Context->SelfUrl == 'comments.php') { or perhaps even if($Context->SelfUrl == 'comments.php' && $Context->Session->UserID > 0) {
  • This seems to cause BBInsertBar to fail... (clicking the BBInsertBar buttons just brings me to the top of the page) Is there a particular order that I need to activate the extensions?
  • when you whisper to someone, it does the yellow fade thing, and then ends on white as if it were a normal comment, rather than light yellow, like a whispered comment is supposed to be.
  • BUG? TRY TO HACK?

Hello everybody ... i just checked my server logs and found tons of error messages concerning the yellow fade addon in combination with the report post addon:

[error] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ReportPost_YELLOWFADE - assumed 'ReportPost_YELLOWFADE' in /home/whatever/public_html/vanilla/extensions/ReportPost/default.php on line 88

anyone any idea or could tell me whats the prob? :(
    thx
  • line 88 of default.php says: <b>$Anchor = (ReportPost_YELLOWFADE ? '#Comment_'. $CommentID : '#Item_'. $RowPosition);</b> anyone knows what the problem is? what do i have to do to fix the error - if its one ...
  • Doesn't work for me :( Extension installed and loaded but no any effects... What happened?
  • Sorry, just testing it here. :)