Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blogger

Comments

• I also noticed that the Bling add-on didn't show. I found that the AboutVanilla css was removed. I guess so that it could be put in the footer. In any case, If you want it back, just remove:
    #AboutVanilla { display: none; } .floatLeft { float: left; }
    and replace with:
    #AboutVanilla { margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px !important; border-top:1px solid #ccc; background-color:#f9f9f9; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; text-align:center; color:#bbb !important; width:180px; } #AboutVanilla a { color:#d0d0d0 !important; text-decoration:none; } #AboutVanilla a:hover { color:#aaa !important; text-decoration:underline; }
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Blogger.
  • CSS file is now valid with 0 errors and 0 warnings :)

1.2 - CSS fixes to accommodate some add-ons (thanks to jimw).
  • hi :)

i am not an experienced user.
    i copied the directory into the themes directory,
    i then went on the settings menu and changed to Blogger, saved,
    and here's what I got:
    (partial) printscreen here:
    http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~sdsa/vanillaps/ps.JPG
    any help?
  • Did you check this box?
    pic
  • no. i'll do that now though, see what happens.
  • why did it just work?!

also, after switching, the box got unchecked.
    "saving" again leaves it as is.

changing back to the default one requires the same trick.
  • Uploaded version 1.3 of Blogger.
  • sjeeps, just in case you were wondering I successfully uploaded an extension in ZIP format using the 4.52 beta of 7zip.
  • [-Stash-], I found out this morning that uploading a zip to the add-ons site using IE works fine BUT not with FF!!
  • This is bloody peculiar, especially since I uploaded my ZIP with fx2...
  • Please excuse my n00bishness! If I wanted to update this so that the [X new] items link showed up as red if x>0, what might I have to do?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point me in the right direction...
  • Just add this line to vanilla.css:

#Discussions .Topics .DiscussionNew a {color: red;}

You can change the color to anything you want.
  • Thanks sjeeps - but that just chances that bit of text to red, regardless of whether there are new discussions or not. I'm trying to work it out so that the [x new] block will stand out particularly when there are new items - working along the same methodology as distinguishing the display of a discussion with NoNewComments, and one with NewComments. The red helps, but if all of the "new" text is red, there's not enough of a difference - the eye doesn't instantly skip to those discussions with new comments. I guess I could write something to hide the [x new] block if $new_items=0 - but I wouldn't know what variable to attend to, or where to put it, and I'm sure there's a more elegant way of doing it...
  • Found it.

Pasted the following into vanilla.css:

.NewComments .DiscussionNew a {
    color:#c00 !important;
    }

Does exactly what I was looking for.
  • Hi. I implemented Blogger at Iateapie.net and it works great except for the IE7 bug where there is a huge gap at the top of the content and I am using the latest version. Could you let us know what the fix was, so I could check my templates - not sure if it could be because I also made it fix width.
  • @tanyat
    In your modified vanilla.css file change this:

#Content #title { background: transparent url('vanilla.gif') no-repeat 0 34px; width: 90%; /* edited from 60% */ font: 400 30px/38px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; margin: 0; padding: 30px 0 20px 70px; }

To:
    #Content #title { background: transparent url('vanilla.gif') no-repeat 0 34px; width: 80%; /* edited from 60% */ font: 400 30px/38px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; margin: 0; padding: 30px 0 20px 70px; }
    You need the #Content #title width to be no more than 80% or 500px.

I'll release Blogger 1.4 soon with some nice modifications.
  • Thanks so much sjeeps - I had #Content #title set to 90% and changing it to 80% did the trick.

I know absolutely nothing about coding and such but since you are already working on another version of this great theme - I'll add my little discoveries. I changed #Container to a set width (850px) to get a fixed width center aligned layout and changed the search settings as described in another part of the forum to fix that page.

Things that happened (probably because of this change). If the text of the discussion title (on the comments page) is very long, it doesn't continue on another line - it just gets cut off by the "bottom of the page" text which is on the right.

On the discussions page, if the discussion title is long, it shifts to below the date instead of being beside it with the text continuing on another line.

I look forward to seeing the next version - and thanks again!!
  • Ok, I'll get that fixed. Thanks
  • Version number changed from 1.3 to 1.4.