Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blogger

Comments

• Uploaded version 1.4 of Blogger.
  • New in 1.4:
    - Added the index url to the forum's title.
    - More stylish comments page.
    - Added discussion title to the discussion link.
    - Some new graphics.
    - major fixes to display the theme properly in IE7.
    - Better and friendlier font.

Requires Vanilla 1.1.3
  • I LOVE this theme. Great job!

Just one thing tho, I have the page default set to categories, but once I installed this theme it reverted back to the default page of discussions. I have changed hte settings but i have had no sucess. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!
  • @erryl
    This has nothing to do with the theme...

"It is not possible to use a 'friendly url' for the default page, please use a 'dynamic url' instead:"

All you have to do is just go to Default Page Settings and set your default page to just categories.php, it works fro me.

Thanks!
  • Thanks!! Sorry about my new-ness!!
  • sjeeps,
    Is there any way to get a timestamp on the front page, like the old Vanilla?

Truthmaster
  • Ah, I fixed it. added the line back into the discussion.php file. Exactly what I needed. Thanks anyways and feel free to add to 1.5, if you want. :-) It's Mark's code anyways. haha. I can send you the php file.
    Truthmaster.
  • One more question. I would like to change the color of the mouseover in the Header from that green to another color that matches my logo better. Love the colors, just want to make it match more. I have bben thru all the things I know to look at.
    Can yhou direct me tothe correct file to edit the color? THANK YOU!

I know I'll feel really dumb when you tell me, but I have spent so long already. Thanks so much.
  • :) I'm still hunting. Not trying to be a pain but I am so frustrated with myself. Any direction you guys can help with is so appreciated!! :)
  • I think the line you want to change is:
    #Nav ul li a:hover, #Nav ul li.TabOn a {background: url('nav-arrow.gif') no-repeat center bottom;color: #FDCCFF;} /*jimw #69AE1D*/
    This changes it from green to pink.
  • Lurve this theme -- thanks for making it available. Just getting started with Vanilla, and am loving the extensibility. I ran into a few problems on IE 6.0 with a large gap between the title and pageinfo. Removing "clear:both;" from this line (172) in Blogger's vanilla.css worked for me: .PageInfo {color:#CCC;font-weight:700;line-height: 21px; clear:both;} But of course broke comments in IE, which was inelegantly solved by adding a few line breaks just about the PageInfo div in comments.php. Your mileage may vary, but it's worked so far for me in the browsers I've tried.
  • Cool theme!

Somehow the link «Botton of Page» gets cut off. I only see the first 2 letters «Bo».
  • Hey sjeeps! I've got another quesiton for you...it just so happens I was working on a second vanilla forum and I choose blogger for it; didn't realize it was another one of your themes! This time, I'd like to change the info displayed for each discussion which is listed on the discussion page. Actually, I'd like to remove all of it except for the Discussion topic (duh!), the date stamp, and the category for which the discussion belongs. Everything else (started by, # of comments, last comment by, etc) I'd like to get rid of. Now remember..I'm still learning here. I have at least figured out that if I change the code between /* Discussion Index */ and /* Category Index */ I start seeing changes on my forum; but after lots of trial-and-error, I'm not getting the results that I want. The only thing that comes close is when I change font: 400 12px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; to font: 400 0px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; I squish all the text to a bunch of tiny dots which kinda has a cool effect, but again, that's not what I'm aiming for. I await your wisdom and direction oh great one!
  • The easiest way to do this is to edit a few lines in vanilla.css file.

Change this:

#Discussions .Topics {margin: 20px 0 0;padding: 0;} #Discussions .Topics .Date { margin: 2px 15px 0 0; float: left; width: 46px; height: 52px; text-align: center; background: url('date.gif') no-repeat 0 0; } #Discussions .Topics .Date .Month {color: #F1F1F1;padding: 2px 2px 3px 0;} #Discussions .Topics .Date .Month, #Discussions .Topics .Date .Day {font: 700 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;} #Discussions .Topics .TopicTitle {font-weight: 700; margin-left: 61px;} .DiscussionTopic a, #Discussions .Topics .TopicTitle a {font: 100 18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; } #Discussions .Topics .TopicInfo {margin: 5px 0 15px;padding: 2px 0 0;overflow: hidden;border-top: 1px dotted #BBB; }

To:

#Discussions .Topics {margin: 15px 0 0;padding: 0;} #Discussions .Topics .Date { margin: 2px 15px 0 0; float: left; width: 46px; height: 52px; text-align: center; background: url('date.gif') no-repeat 0 0; display: none; } #Discussions .Topics .Date .Month {color: #F1F1F1;padding: 2px 2px 3px 0;} #Discussions .Topics .Date .Month, #Discussions .Topics .Date .Day {font: 700 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;} #Discussions .Topics .TopicTitle {font-weight: 700; margin-left: 0;} .DiscussionTopic a, #Discussions .Topics .TopicTitle a {font: 100 18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; } #Discussions .Topics .TopicInfo {margin: 5px 0 15px;padding: 2px 0 0;overflow: hidden;border-top: 1px dotted #BBB; display:none;}
  • Rock on! How simple could that have been? Now, this will work; however...would it be possible to display JUST the category that the discussion belongs to?
  • Len said:...would it be possible to display JUST the category that the discussion belongs to?
    Yep, it's possible by changing this line:

#Discussions .Topics .TopicInfo {margin: 5px 0 15px;padding: 2px 0 0;overflow: hidden;border-top: 1px dotted #BBB; display:none;}

Back to what it was:

#Discussions .Topics .TopicInfo {margin: 5px 0 15px;padding: 2px 0 0;overflow: hidden;border-top: 1px dotted #BBB;}

And then change this in themes/Blogger/discussions.php:

$DiscussionList .= '<ul class="TopicInfo"> <li class="DiscussionStarted"> '.$this->Context->GetDefinition('StartedBy').'<a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Discussion->AuthUserID).'">'.$Discussion->AuthUsername.'</a> </li> '; if ($this->Context->Configuration['USE_CATEGORIES']) { $DiscussionList .= ' <li class="DiscussionCategory"> '.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Category').'<a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php', '', 'CategoryID', $Discussion->CategoryID).'">'.$Discussion->Category.'</a> </li> <li class="DiscussionComments"> '.$Discussion->CountComments.'&nbsp;'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Comments').' </li> <li class="DiscussionLastComment"> <span><a href="'.$LastUrl.'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('LastCommentBy').'</a>&nbsp;</span><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Discussion->LastUserID).'">'.$Discussion->LastUsername.'</a> </li>'; if ($this->Context->Session->UserID > 0) { $DiscussionList .= ' <li class="DiscussionNew"> <a href="'.$NewUrl.'">'.$Discussion->NewComments.'&nbsp;<span>'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('NewCaps').' </span></a> </li> ';

To:

$DiscussionList .= '<ul class="TopicInfo"> '; if ($this->Context->Configuration['USE_CATEGORIES']) { $DiscussionList .= ' <li class="DiscussionCategory"> '.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Category').'<a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php', '', 'CategoryID', $Discussion->CategoryID).'">'.$Discussion->Category.'</a> </li> ';
  • sjeeps - YOU ROCK! I'm working on a new site for an associate of mine who runs a small real estate business. I thought I'd try to convert a vanilla forum into a realty listing site. So far it's looking pretty good. I would love for you to take a peek and get some feedback. I've got a "dummy" site set up at: www.schendelsworld.com/home
  • Len said:I would love for you to take a peek and get some feedback. I've got a "dummy" site set up at...
    Looks fine but the only one thing I didn't like is my removed credit link!
  • Whoops! That wasn't on purpose...If/when it goes into actual use I'll be sure to put that back! My apologies!!!
  • I like your theme a lot.

I found something you may want to update.

In two places you code absolute paths to images (the images that jump you to the bottom of the page or back to the top). Since people can change the "style" setting in Vanilla Themes (and probably for other reasons) these paths should be based on an "object based" path. I hope that makes sense I am not the best with lingo. But what I am getting at is this change.

In comments.php (~ line 24) Change:
    src="themes/Blogger/styles/default/go-down.gif"
    To:
    src="'.$this->Context->Configuration['DEFAULT_STYLE'].'go-down.gif"
    And in discussions.php (~line 50) Change:
    src="themes/Blogger/styles/default/go-up.gif"
    To:
    src="'.$this->Context->Configuration['DEFAULT_STYLE'].'go-up.gif"

I hope that is helpful. Notice I did not paste the entire line (it was long) only the img src tag.