Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Image Resizer

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Image Resizer

Comments

• very nice!
  • Oh so awesome. This is desperately needed at our forum. I hope it is live-ready soon.
  • This is just what we need in our forum. Would love to see it live soon. Maybe even as soon as past summer? :)
  • markezz...unless you know what you are doing.
    Don't you know what you're doing?

----

You could try it and see if it messes anything up?
  • I get some errors with this - namely, the resize bar showing up 3 times on each post.

Also, is there any way to get this working with Attachments and Inline Images?
  • hi cid! thanks for your report. i am going to try to reproduce that error. could you please send some more information about these posts (html context) or a link to your forums? I suppose you mean the addons "Attachments" and "InlineImages".
  • I've not tried this extension yet, but I'm guessing it works for any image put in a comment (no matter the comment formatter) and therefore doesn't need the Attachments and Inline Images extensions.

Why would you need this working with Attachments/InlineImages? InlineImages already has an option to limit the width of an image (I'll admit it doesn't have height, which could be nice...) and the ability to have the resized image clickable for a full version.
  • Got the same error. It occures when more than one image is resized on a page.
    It adds 1 Notification bar for each oversized image to the first resized image and misses to resize all the follow-up images.
  • has anyone figured a way to fix this?
  • markezz - Last Active Jun 20th 2008

Might have to look for a solution yourselves, as it looks like (s)he's busy doing other things...
  • pew. same error here. could someone have a look at it?
  • may be AutoLink addon make this error?
  • i make little update to this script now it work in BlogThis

[code]
    <?php
    /*
    Extension Name: Image Resizer
    Extension Url: http://lussumo.com/addons/
    Description: Resizes all images that exceed a defined width/height
    Version: 0.1
    Author: markezz
    Author Url: http://www.lankagui.de/
    */

$Context->SetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningSmall', 'Click here to enlarge image.');
    $Context->SetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningFilesize', 'Image size has been reduced. Click here to view the image with its original size of %1$sx%2$s.');
    $Context->SetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningNoFilesize', 'Image size has been reduced. Click here to view the image with its original size of %1$sx%2$s.');
    $Context->SetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningFullsize', 'Click here to shrink image.');

if( in_array( $Context->SelfUrl, array("post.php", "comments.php", ) ) )

{
    $Head->AddStyleSheet('extensions/ImageResizer/style.css');
    $Head->AddScript('extensions/ImageResizer/resize.js');
    $Head->AddString('

// <![CDATA[
    ImageResizer.MODE = "_scale";
    ImageResizer.AREA_ID = "Comments";
    ImageResizer.MAXWIDTH = 200;
    ImageResizer.MAXHEIGHT = 0;
    ImageResizer.WARNING_SMALL = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningSmall').'";
    ImageResizer.WARNING_FILESIZE = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningFilesize').'";
    ImageResizer.WARNING_NOFILESIZE = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningNoFilesize').'";
    ImageResizer.WARNING_FULLSIZE = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningFullsize').'";
    // ]]>

');
    }
    elseif ( $Context->SelfUrl == 'extension.php' && ForceIncomingString('PostBackAction', '') == 'Blog' )

{
    $Head->AddStyleSheet('extensions/ImageResizer/style.css');
    $Head->AddScript('extensions/ImageResizer/resize.js');
    $Head->AddString('

// <![CDATA[
    ImageResizer.MODE = "_scale";
    ImageResizer.AREA_ID = "BlogList";
    ImageResizer.MAXWIDTH = 200;
    ImageResizer.MAXHEIGHT = 0;
    ImageResizer.WARNING_SMALL = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningSmall').'";
    ImageResizer.WARNING_FILESIZE = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningFilesize').'";
    ImageResizer.WARNING_NOFILESIZE = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningNoFilesize').'";
    ImageResizer.WARNING_FULLSIZE = "'.$Context->GetDefinition('ImageResizerWarningFullsize').'";
    // ]]>

');

}
    ?>
    [/code]
  • if you guys needed update to this script
    take in this http://www.40k.ru/vanilla/uploads/AL+IR_extensions.zip
  • Above link shows as "not found"... Any help available please, Bers40k?