Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ShareThis

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
ShareThis

Comments

• It would be interesting to see if you could limit ShareThis to one column, so the popup still fits within the panel. Also, you should add an admin option for ShareThis email/pw (to enable ShareThis reporting). This one seems nearly impossible: Find a way to hide the "Register | Sign In" links, as they are confusing, and (ignorant) people may try to sign in / register for the forum using them. (When in reality they're signing in / registering for ShareThis.) I see that ShareThis allows you to pick colors for the background, etc. You could make it mimic the Tab bar?

I do like the ShareThis service, it has a lot of potential for almost any site format!
  • I was thinking about adding all that, I mostly spent time trying to fix that icon glitch... next version will be better.
  • nice
  • for hiding the register / sign in links, 3 lines of Css should be added :
    div#textGuest.guest { display:none; }
  • thanks... adding to release
  • Doesn't seem to work
  • i only ran a test on firebug & thought it could work, sorry
  • No problem... I had the directory of the stylesheet wrong but even with that fix it still doesn't change the span in the side bar.
  • well in fact, my proposal was focused on the comment by fysicsluvr to hide the register / sign-in fields in the sharethis popup

sorry for the confusion :P
  • This is how I fixed text overlapping on mine (using nugget extension instead):
    #share a {
    padding-left:25px;
    }
  • still doesn't work for me
  • Uploaded version 0.2 of ShareThis.
  • Uploaded version 0.3 of ShareThis.
  • there is no way to remove the register link... it's in their control.
  • what if you add "!important" ?div#textGuest.guest { display:none !important; }
  • nope... it's in an iframe from sharethis.com so there is no way to control it...
  • does this work when using .htaccess for nice urls?

just added it to my forum http://www.simpleinvoices.org/forum and it doesnt seem to be working

ie. http://simpleinvoices.org/forum/discussion/525/is-there-an-easy-way-to-enable-ssl-featureopen/

Cheers

Justin
  • thanks someguy9

must be one of the exteniosn ive installed or something hads made sharethis not happy

anyone know if a specific extension breaks sharethis?

Cheers

Justin
  • want my .htaccess?
This discussion has been closed.