Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

PostAnonymously

PostAnonymously

Comments

• Uploaded version 1.0.0 of PostAnonymously.
  • Thanks for working on this. Its the last add-on I need to meet the requirements of the board I need to make.
    In an effort to help you perfect your project (and for me to get the anonymous post working :) If the below looks like I am 'testing' a new forum, I am. I wanted to let you know an error I received when trying to use this:
    1. create new user
    2. log in, go to specific category, start new topic, tick the anonymously box
    3. receive this on a new html page:
    THis is the URL: http://notanythinginteresting.com/tradingboard/post.php
    This is the page:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    User identifier not supplied
    Affected Elements
    UserManager.UpdateUserDiscussionCount();

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Thanks again for starting it, hope you can complete it
  • I'm getting the same error.
  • Why go to all of this hassle?

Wanna post a-nonny-mouse-ly? Log out then use Guest Post, easy.
  • yea, that was my work around. no need to post a-nonny-mouse-ly with an extension i suppose.
  • There is a need.

I've got a closed community where unregistered cannon post. But sometimes we want to fool around or just talk without names. This extension would be awesome for this. Too bad it's not working.
  • ...if you get it to work, get ready for another huge problem... SPAM!

That's how guest post used to work without the captcha feature. After a week I got inundated with crap.

Posted: Sunday, 21 December 2008 at 9:09AM

• >> if you get it to work, get ready for another huge problem... SPAM!

What are you talking about? This is a feature for registered and approved members, why would they spam?
  • Oh I see, so they first gave to register, then get approved, then post anonymously?

Posted: Monday, 22 December 2008 at 1:42PM

• >Oh I see, so they first gave to register, then get approved, then post anonymously?
    Yep, that's what makes this idea so cool - you don't even have to log out to post anonymously, you just tick the box and you're done.

I really hope that this plugin will be updated. Sadly, it seems like all plugins that I need for Vanilla, are abandoned - I can't get the Invite-Only plugin to work and now this one seems dead.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of PostAnonymously.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of PostAnonymously.
  • For those of you having problems:

Please make sure that you have created your anonymous user in you Vanilla installation. The default is to look for a username "Anonymous". You can change your anonymous username by editing line 15 of default.php

If you are still having problems, post a note with your Vanilla version id and any other extensions you have installed and I will look into it.

Thanks,
    Jeff