Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Webby Chat

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Webby Chat

Comments

• I can't get this to work. It's giving me server errors that says something about settings.php but I only have default.php in the zipped file so I renamed setings to default and the error was gone but the webby chat is hidden and I can't find it anywhere. Chatango is better for now (until I can figure out webby chat).

Thanks
  • Uploaded version 1.0 of Webby Chat.
  • You caught a bug. I just re-uploaded the correct file. Give it a go now.
  • No errors with that version but where is the tab? I don't see it anywhere on the page.

Dan
  • It should add it to the LEFT of discussions.
  • you enabled it right? What's the URL?
  • this is cool and it works on my forum... BUT i get this error msg in people.php and a couple other php pages. So I removed it for now... How can I fix it?

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/ava.eu.pn/extensions/webby_chat/default.php on line 106
  • I won't use the add-on, but many thanks for the hint to webby chat. My members will be thankful!
  • Tried to use it now, same problm as shootingstars.
  • add-on needs to ensure that it only tries to add a tab on pages where these are available. try replacing the last part of the code with this (added a little page check, unverified!):////////////////////// if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('index.php','comments.php','categories.php'))) { $Menu->AddTab("Chat", "", "javascript: __wbc_slide_chat_pane();"); $Head->AddString('<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" > var __ptw_s = document.location.href; var __ptw_t = document.title; var __ptw_suggest_user_name = "' . $Context->Session->User->Name . '"; var __ptw_force_guests = true; var __ptw_disable_chat_button = true; '); // add extra user defined variables $Head->AddString(str_replace('\r\n', "\r\n", $Configuration['WEBBY_CHAT_EXTRAS'])); // end script $Head->AddString("\r\n</script>"); // call chat $Head->AddString('<script src="http://www.webbychat.com/chat_js/chat.php?src=vanilla" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>'); }; ?>
  • Thanks Tomtester! It's working now.. but the chat tab doesnt show up on some of the other main pages like on the..

Light gallery extension page
    search.php
    account.php
    members extension page

can this be fixed?
  • well... change this:if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('index.php','comments.php','categories.php'))) to if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('index.php','comments.php','categories.php','search.php','account.php')))
    Pretty much you can add all pages to the array (list). If you have specific php pages for the light gallery (see address bar in your browser) you could add those too. Give it a try.

PS The author of this plugin should make the appropriate changes to the uploaded code (and I'm not sure there aren't more appropriate changes). As-is, the add-on is buggy.
  • thanks! but you cant add pages like http://website.com/extension.php?PostBackAction=LightGallery

only the ones with short urls like search.php
  • Great! I will test it as well. The author seems to be WebbyChat themselves and I gave them a hint to this discussion.
  • It works. Thanks TomTester!

Bugs: Custom Settings for WebbyChat don't work. The break the settings.php instead.
  • yea i dont see a button for custom settings
  • settings > left pannel (don't use it, it breaks the settings.php)
  • I haven't tried this add-on (or webby chat), but I get the feeling one may be better off inserting the non-Vanilla JS code
    as a nugget in the footer spot with http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=283 than
    using this silly add-on...
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Webby Chat.
  • 1.1 fixes bugs addressed in this forum. Please let us know if you notice anything else problematic.