Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

DiscussionSearch

judgejjudgej
edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
DiscussionSearch

Comments

• RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Very nicely done...it's a useful place to have the search box.
  • Like many things Vanilla, the hard work is finding out *how* to do something. Coding then often turns out to be just a few lines. An extension that hooks into every available delegate and inserts flags into the page to show where they are, would be very handy when developing. What I would like to do next, is to provide an alternative search results screen that searches on both discussions (topics) and comments at the same time. The LiveSearch extension manages to do this by performing two searches in one request, but I would like to combine the two sets of results. Searching either discussions *or* comments is a pretty advanced option IMO. Most users simply won't make that distinction between the two - they just want to search in one quick press of a button. -- Jason
  • Hear hear! (comment/discussion-search integration) In terms of permanent-display of search form, a little JQ slide-in from top would go a long way to get it "out of the way" when it isn't needed.
  • I agree with judgej, it'll be very appreciated to have just a quick'n'dirty search for the usual search discussions + comments :)