Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[ABANDONED] Attachments II

SS ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
[ABANDONED] Attachments II

Comments

• Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn_MySQLStructure::Column2() in /var/www/plugins/AttachmentsTwo/default.php on line 35 when I enable...
  • This Plug in doesn't work at all for me. In my test-setup, vanilla is located in a sub folder of my Wordpress installation. When I try to attach a file, an iframe containing a wordpress 404 page shows up underneath the vanilla footer. As far as I can see, the file is not being uploaded. When I post the comment, there is no reference to the attachment.
  • SS ✭✭
    @flobster
    Let's try to figure out what's the problem. Could you view HTML source code of discussion page and tell what defined for WebRoot under section ""

And wonder to see some error text...
  • SS ✭✭
    *under section "Various Definitions for Javascript"
  • There is an ul-tag "Definitions" in the source, TransportError is "A fatal error occurred while processing the request.
    The server returned the following response: %s", WebRoot shows the correct path to my vanilla directory "http://loaclhost/wptest/community".
  • SS ✭✭
    @flobster Actually, it is incorrect for plugin (it must ending with trailing slash). Try to change path in functions.js of plugin scripts:

Find var WebRoot = definition('WebRoot'); and change it to var WebRoot = definition('WebRoot') + '/';
  • I changed the path variable, now the file gets uploaded into the right folder and the strange iframe doesn't show up anymore. Unfortunately, the ajax-loader keeps loading forever and when I press the Post Comment Button, the page turns into a raw HTML-page without any formatting and I get the following Error Message:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in [local path]...\community\plugins\AttachmentsTwo\view.attachedfiles.php on line 11
    Afterwards, the corresponding discussion is inaccessible (results in the error above).
  • SS ✭✭
    @flobster Looks like that php configured with disabled option short_open_tag (Off). I'll fix it in next release.

You can try fix it youself. In file view.attachedfiles.php change <?endforeach;?> to <?php endforeach;?>
  • SS ✭✭
    Not ending ajax-loader is strange too. I dont know. I'm going to figure out it soon ;)
  • SS ✭✭
    I think I get the problem. functions.js ~ line 30. console.log(response); need remove this line (or comment it).

• Thanks @S, I will give it another try tomorrow.
  • Great job! Seems to work out so far...
  • This plugin doesn't seem to work for me. It installed fine but all it does is those animated squares and nothing more. Do i need to make any other settings besides activating attachments for members/administrators?
  • On activation I get this error in red at top of plugins page: The specified data type (char) is not accepted for the MySQL database.
  • Im getting a wierd error in firebug:
    "uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: ); jquery.js".
    And also not ending loader.

I was getting a "Permission denied to get property HTMLDocument.readyState".
    This was due to missing 'www' in the config file, which seemed to solve that.
  • all the plugin does for me is show the animation for uploading then it sticks there. there is something wrong with it.

@S, please have a look at it again
  • i need this to work man, come on, please someone fix the issue,
  • SS ✭✭
    Folks, I dislike this addon, because it hasn't functionality that should.
    Perhaps because not enough opportunities to hook post comment process...
    Anyway, consider this addon as test, probe, educational. And dont' use it on production servers... I return to developing when the need.
  • I want my forum to have the function that users can upload image(s).
    If i am allowed to wish for more the number of image can be uploaded can be set by administrator.