Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Does anyone know why search is not working?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It does not matter what is my search term i always get this msg: No results for...
Tagged:

Comments

• i got this problem too
  • Anyone?
  • Are you talking about on your own forum or this website (vanillaforums.org)?
  • i'm taking about my forum
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    A few things might be the problem:
    • If you don't have many posts then search results won't show up.
    • If you are searching for something that is <= 3 characters it won't show up.</li>
    • Try putting a + in front of your search term.
  • Same issue here on 2.0 -- searches actually do nothing on my localhost testbed. The URL ends up at /vanillainstalldir/index.php?Search=searchterm (or =%2searchterm when prefixing with a '+'), but all Discussions are shown.
  • edited July 2010
    it did work for me with "+searchterm"
    "If you don't have many posts then search results won't show up." i got exactly 3, then maybe thats the problem for me
    thx
  • It works with the +. I have 2 posts maybe it is the problem. Thank you Todd for your help.
    @stavthewonderchicken In your case there is a bug that has been fixed for 2.0.1 due out end of week.
  • @Todd sounds good, thanks.
  • I've just had this as well, on a new install with 3 test posts.

I get results if I type + first, but that's not going to be intuitive for my users.

Why doesn't it just find the posts as one would expect?
    @dave_stewart. Search uses mysql fulltext searches by default. They don't usually show results unless you have a lot of data.

It's just one of the problems with MySQL.

• I have the same bug too.

Cause my site language is Chinese. [URL: www.maiplus.com]

If you type Chinese and click search button,the result is none.

I think this is a bug:“Search” function can not support Multi-Language!
  • I have the same bug too.
    my forum is http://support.wpued.com