Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to convert wordpress->vanilla or vise versa

kaoskaos New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Well i brought a premium theme from woothemes called ambience and i want that theme running throughout the site including vanilla is this possible if so how?

Comments

• I guess the best option would be to create a custom theme for Vanilla and adjust it in order to match your WordPress theme. This would mean of course quite a bit of work.
  • Yeh so i was wondering if it is possible to just import it somehow as i said i have a premium wp theme
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2010
    There is no functionality in Vanilla would automatically 'import' a Wordpress theme. Vanilla is not Wordpress, nor are we in any way affiliated with them.

You can always do what @binhdo suggested and create your own Vanilla theme based on colors, styles, and art assets from your purchased WP theme though.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• ZeaksZeaks New
    edited March 2011
    I just installed vanilla forums today and was looking for a way to do this. I tried using different wordpress plugins to include the forums in an iframe, which didn't work out very well, tried a few other ideas like trying to use php include.

Then I took a look at some of the themes, and since my WP theme is a twenty ten child theme, I just grabbed the twenty ten vanilla theme and played around with it for an hour and have it looking ok. http://zeaks.org/board/

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with vanilla 2, it was very easy to install and easy to use.
  • AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited October 2010
    wow @zeaks, great work! Thanks for sharing.