Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

translation problem

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
hello all.
i have some problem with conf/locale.php
it's doesn't show some translates like
$Definition['It looks like you\'re new here. If you want to take part in the discussions, click one of these buttons!'] = 'görünüşe göre buralarda yenisin. eğer sen de dahil olmak istiyorsan, aşağıdaki tuşlara tıkla.';
$Definition['Most recent by %1$s %2$s'] = 'son entry by %1$s %2$s';

and most of them doesn't showing in my page.

how do i fix it?
Tagged:

Comments

• I used this addon http://www.vanillaforums.org/addon/562/translation-collector to collect undefined definitions in my locale, and followed the instructions and it worked well.

"Most recent by" appeared in Vanilla application, so I put the definition for this in /applications/vanilla/locale/tr-TR/definitions.php

"It looks like you're new here..." is used in Dashboard application, so try to check it in /applications/vanilla/locale/tr-TR/definitions.php

I'm not 100 % sure about the priorities of loading. As I understand it reads from apps, plugins, theme, and then finally from conf/locale.php. When definition appears more then once, it is overwritten by the last definition found. Though as I understand it well, conf/locale.php is loaded as the last, so it should not be the case. I am going to do more research about locale and maybe develop some better solution (but I'm too busy at work atm)
  • i have still same problem and i can't use vanilla.
    thank you for reply.