Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Comment on a Vanilla post using Twitter

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Someone created a very simple and elegant plugin for Wordpress that allows guests to comment on posts using just their Twitter handle. Once you enter your Twitter username, it pulls your real name and avatar from there and allows you to post a comment. I think this might be pretty cool on Vanilla too, because anytime someone comments using Twitter, it could post something to their Twitter feed, thereby attracting new visitors to your forum. Anyone else think that's a good idea?

http://jprim.com/introducing-a-simpler-blog-commenting-system/

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Great idea!

We've got plans for this and we'll be doing it when we implement TwitterConnect support. Same for Facebook. Anyone else think this would be a pretty sweet feature?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Yeah, sounds pretty sweet feature, but I don't really use Twitter or Facebook so. lol Still, useful addon.
  • Hi Raize, thanks for the mention! Glad you like it :)
  • edited June 2010
    If the Vanilla developers implement Facebook/Twitter connectivity into the core I sincerely wish they burn in a special part of hell for such asininity.
  • Tim, definitely a sweet feature!
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Well, it could be an optional thing that you turn on/off from the control panel so it wouldn't bother anyone...more admin options are always good haha

It would be an awesome way to build traffic & discussion at the same time (even more important for new forums trying to get off the ground)
  • Anyone started this addon for Vanilla?