Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moving Vanilla

yusfyusf New
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been trying to move out my Vanilla 2.0.1 installation out of my dev-folder, but no matter what I try I can't get it to work once the folder is moved.

In constants.php paths is defined like this for instance:
define('PATH_APPLICATIONS', PATH_ROOT . DS . 'applications');
Doesn't this mean that the paths should correlate with whatever path Vanilla is placed in at any given moment?

Is there a clear documentation of how to move Vanilla that I've missed out on?

Please help me out here!

Comments

• I'm having the same problem!
  • yusfyusf New
    edited August 2010
    …then vote for the question.
  • Hey yusf - did you ever figure this out?
  • @jsamlarose Sadly not. Still keep's me from switching. Even wrote Mark about it, but he didn't answer.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Are you sure you're talking about Vanilla 1? That define() looks like it belongs to Vanilla2...

What is at the top of your index.php file? Do you have something like this:
    <?php define('APPLICATION', 'Vanilla'); define('APPLICATION_VERSION', '2.0.1');

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• F*ck. Sorry, it meant to say 2.0.1 all along.
    Now people know? :)
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Delete all the ".ini" files in your cache/ folder.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• You sure? Guess that's all I didn't try then… Thanks!
  • Lol! Just figured this out for myself, was rushing back here to share my findings, and Tim's already killed it. Dang.

Thanks, Tim... ;)
  • @yusf - definitely works. Was driving me nuts that I couldn't see any references to specific paths in settings or configuration files. I did a search, and the references turned up in a handful of files stored in the cache folder. I pulled those out, just to see what would happen, and everything seems to be fine...
  • AllroundmovingAllroundmoving Los Angeles New

We strive to send every customer satisfied. Only trust the best in the business.