Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What is wrong with "Conversations"?

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Discovered that application "Conversation" is not working correctly. First, some users always one incoming message, even though the box is empty and all conversations are removed.
Secondly all the conversations even when it is removed from both the users will still remain in the table GDN_ConversationMessage.
I think that it is unacceptable for a large number of users base beating for six months hard removable trash.
I believe that if the conversation is removed from both users need to delete the records from the base.
Tagged:

Comments

• hey i have the same problem ! the inbox still shows one item but the box is empty ! and when deleting conversations I'm taken to a 404 page ?? any idea why
  • i appears i have had a large amount of messages in my inbox and never new it because no indication was show of new messages. I too am experiencing issues with conversations.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm just switched off 'conversations' ,
    waiting for fix.
  • whats the next release? 2.1.0 ?

I think the next release needs a beta to ensure another release isnt necessary for missed bugs 3 weeks down the road.
  • When deleting a conversation the link send us back to forum/forum/messages/all only one forum is necessary any ideas where to change that ?

The notification about conversation works fine on my local server though but not on live server PHP version related ?
  • oh, i face the same issue... I hope we fix this soon. Thanks for sharing jaype.
  • Noticed the indicator of new messages appears depending on the theme that is used.
    Dark mist displays properly while light grunge does not. But said indicator does not disappear when conversations are deleted.