Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

*** Caching Plugin?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
In Vanilla 2 - Does anyone know of a caching plugin for Vanilla?

Since Vanilla 2 is using Smarty now, I wonder if Smarty's built in caching mechanism can be used.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Smarty caching is used if the theme you choose uses the smarty version.

We also have a bunch of built-in caching methods that get picked up "magically" as you work with the app. We also use the open source Minify project (as a plugin) to help you speed up js and css includes.

For those who have true heavy-load communities, we've got memcached implementations on the way in one of the minor version releases coming in the near future.
  • @Mark

Is the theme on this page available for download and also use Smarty?

I ask because I really like the theme on this post and would really like to use it with caching.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I haven't released it yet - we just finished it today. But we fully intend on releasing it and all of the plugins used on this community forum.
  • @Mark

Awesome!!!

Also, is the theme using Smarty? So that I can enable caching?
  • bump

Question: so is the theme on this forum using Smarty? And if so, does that mean frontpage and thread Smarty caching can be enabled?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Vanilla's default theme uses smarty now. By default we have smarty compiling enabled, but the caching is not. There's nothing stopping you from adding this though.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim

How would I enable Smarty caching and updating the cache whenever someone creates/updates a new-post/existing-topic/etc
  • Any updates on how to enable Caching?
  • bump de-bump bump