Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error during initial install

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Fatal error: Call to a member function EnabledPluginFolders() on a non-object in /home/site_name/public_html/bb/library/core/functions.general.php on line 58

Getting that error when accessing the bb/ folder (where the code was uploaded) write perms were also added to cache and images.
Tagged:

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    A couple of people have been reporting this. I think it is a bug with a new thing that @Todd has been working on. You might have success if you replace that line (line 58 of library/core/functions.general.php) with the following code:

$PluginFolders = (Gdn::PluginManager() instanceof Gdn_PluginManager) ? Gdn::PluginManager()->EnabledPluginFolders() : array();

Let me know how that goes for you?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Actually, a more elegant fix would be to change line 57 to:
    if ($LibraryPath === FALSE && Gdn::PluginManager() instanceof Gdn_PluginManager) {

Leave line 58 the way it was:
    $PluginFolders = Gdn::PluginManager()->EnabledPluginFolders();

• changing line 57 results in:

Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/site_name/public_html/bb/conf/config-defaults.php on line 16
  • @mattm you probably don't have PHP Data Objects (PDO) installed on your webserver. It's part of the requirements for Vanilla.

from http://www.vanillaforums.org/page/Requirements:

Server Requirements

* PHP version 5.2.0 or newer
    * file_uploads = on
    * PHP Data Objects module
    * PDO_MySQL module must be enabled
    * GD version 2.0 or newer (optional, but required for profile pictures)
    * cURL or Sockets (to allow plugin sandboxing)
  • I just tried to install Vanilla and received this error. I don't know how to check my server specs, I sent an email to my host but don't expect a reply for a long while, is there a way I can pull that info online myself?!?

This is the error...
    Fatal error: Call to a member function EnabledPluginFolders() on a non-object in /home/lloop/public_html/ithelpcrew.com/soho/library/core/functions.general.php on line 42
    What version of Vanilla did you try to install?

• Hello everyone:O)
    I just installed Vanilla and it looked fine until I actually opened the administrator and tried to go to the Discussions. Surprisingly I can not open this tab. It gives me the error: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in /hermes/web09/b2468/as.newsshower/public_html/Forum-Heliocentrism/bootstrap.php on line 64"

The site Url is:
    http://www.newsshower.com/Forum-Heliocentrism/ and I cannot open that either.

However, I am able to log in as an administrator at
    http://www.newsshower.com/Forum-Heliocentrism/people.php

I am lost, please, help.
    Thanks,
    Lela:O)