Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Replacing Header With Image

kyle789kyle789 New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I would like to replace the whole header on my forum with an image.
I've searched and all other posts referring to Vanilla 1. Any help would be very much appreciate.

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    make changes in your template file default.master.tpl, its in the folder 'views'
  • Thanks for that, do you mean default.master.php? I can't find default.master.tpl and I don't understand where on default.master.php(if that is correct) I edit. I quick example would be very helpful.

Thanks again,

Kyle.
  • It should be in your current themes directory. If you are not using themes, it should be in default directory. Just check out.
  • kyle789kyle789 New
    edited October 2010
    OK, I'm gonna sound retarded here but I have no idea where I should be looking/editing. I'm still kinda new to these things and usually just figure them out but this time it's not so easy.

• OK, I'm gonna sound retarded here but I have no idea where I should be looking/editing. I'm still kinda new to these things and usually just figure them out but this time it's not so easy.

try
    http://example.com/yourforum/themes/yourtheme/views/default.master.tpl
  • Anyone else?
  • AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited October 2010
    I see you are using default theme. I did not get that when you first asked. The info on themes is here : http://vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart. See part two:
    Master Views: These represent everything that wraps the main content of every page. If all you want to do is add a menu or banner above Vanilla, this is the only file you will need to alter. To do so, copy the default master view from /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php to /themes/your_theme_name/views/default.master.php and edit it there.
    In this case edit after line 9 between "Head" and "Menu"

• Thanks a lot man, big help.

One more thing, I have over 35 websites and most of them using SMF and plan to replace these with Vanilla. Is there a limit on the amount of forums allowed?