Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

4 miscellaneous questions about Vanilla 2

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Just installed the new Vanilla (had 1.x before) and also tested the embed addon. I have to say it works like a charm and I really don't regret spending the time to finally upgrade.

I still have four short question though:

1. I know you can set the categories pages as your front page using the default controller. What I am looking for though, is a categories link or tab somewhere. Looks like there's only the discussions tab and i kinda miss a category tab for some kind of overview.

2. It's great to be able to upload images for avatars now. But is it still possible to use an URL to a graphic anywhere on the web?

3. Does anyone know how the addon is called which makes embedded pictures clickable and they are opened in a new layer above the Vanilla Forums?

4. I will need to modify the CSS so it fits to my website. Any tips if I should modify the general style.css or is the custom.css of the "embed friendly version 1.0" enough? Seems to have way less classes and IDs, compared to the style.css.

Thank you in anticipation for any possible answers.
Tagged:

Comments