Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Site become disabled with error message during install process...

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This plugin is not working with vanilla 2.0.3 software. If I install this plugin, it disable the whole site and shows this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function objectvalue() in /home/abid1992/public_html/solutions/plugins/GravityInsights/default.php on line 296

What to do?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I was emailing Gravity Insights about this matter last week. The downloadable plugin uses ObjectValue() rather than GetValue(), so it fails. I was told that there's a newer version of the plugin if you download from the Gravity Insights site, however the download seems to point to an incorrect archive.

Gravity Insights said, to me:

We've been working hard on deploying an updated version of the Gravity Insights web site, which we released today, and our next effort is to review a number of plugin related issues like this one.
    So it's just a case of waiting for them to release a fixed version.
  • I am getting the same error, bummer cause Gravity Insights looks so damn cool.
  • the same is happening here, too bad ! I went to their forum for something new to read about but it lacks a lot of support there too.
  • Hi Everyone,

First, apologies for our lack of presence over here on the Vanilla Forums discussion pages lately.

We've been going through a TON of changes over the past 3 months (new dev staff, major performance optimizations, etc.) and in the middle of all that, we somehow missed that totally lame ObjectValue() fatal error in our Vanilla 2 plugin.

#mybad!!

The ObjectValue() was deprecated in Vanilla 2 final and we haven't updated to use the new GetValue() function.

Some very helpful and clearly smart folks (@Tim) here have astutely pointed out that hacking our plugin to use GetValue() instead of ObjectValue() does work. We've successfully tested this out this change using Vanilla 2.0.9.

Others have got beyond that problem only to run into another problem when clicking on discussions. The user suggested fix for that problem was to Remove "Gdn_" from Gdn_DiscussionModel and Gdn_CategoryModel in our plugin. We're still investigating that one and verifying there are no other issues.

Shoutouts to @Tim

I'm happy to say that we're finally working on implementing fixes for these issues for Vanilla 2 and hope to release an updated plugin very soon.

We appreciate your patience and hope you're not too bummed out.

- The Gravity Insights Team
    insights@gravity.com

• Hi Everyone,

First, apologies for our lack of presence over here on the Vanilla Forums discussion pages lately.

We've been going through a TON of changes over the past 3 months (new dev staff, major performance optimizations, etc.) and in the middle of all that, we somehow missed that totally lame ObjectValue() fatal error in our Vanilla 2 plugin.

#mybad!!

As most folks know by now, the ObjectValue() was deprecated in Vanilla 2 final and we haven't updated to use the new GetValue() function.

Some very helpful and clearly smart folks (@Tim) in the community pages have astutely pointed out that hacking our plugin to use GetValue() instead of ObjectValue() does work. We've successfully tested this out this change using Vanilla 2.0.9.

Thanks Tim!

Others have got beyond that problem only to run into another problem when clicking on discussions. The user suggested fix for that problem was to Remove "Gdn_" from Gdn_DiscussionModel and Gdn_CategoryModel in our plugin. We're still investigating that one and verifying there are no other issues related to Vanilla 2.

I'm happy to say that we're finally working on implementing fixes for these issues for Vanilla 2 and hope to release an updated plugin very soon.

We appreciate your patience and hope you're not too bummed out.

- The Gravity Insights Team
    insights@gravity.com
  • When can we expect an official fix?
  • Bummed out
  • FYI gravityinsights has version 1.1.1 on their site already. Works fine with latest vanilla build.

Need to forkout $99 for full functionality though.
  • Yeah, going to the Gravity insights page offers a fully functional build with Vanilla, while this plugin does not work.
  • how can i fix the error? i can´t go back to the dashboard anymore. Please Help!!!! :(
  • how can i fix the error? i can´t go back to the dashboard anymore. Please Help!!!! :(
    delete the graviti insight folder in plugin folder of installation . everything will be okay